This product will help you teach CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.4
For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
There are six activities for helping children learn the expressions that equal 10.
1. Ten Frames - Part of the ten frame is filled in and students fill in the other part with fall pictures. Then they make an equation based on their 10 frame.
2. The children get numerous leaves with equations on them. They sort the leaves onto trees that equal 10 and do not equal 10.
3. Students have 8 puzzles to put together where the pictures combined must equal 10.
4. Students color in the pumpkins that equal 10 to make their way through a maze.
5. Student play a game where if they land on an equation that equal 10 they add a block to their tower. If it doesn't equal 10, they take a block away. Whoever has the most block at the end wins.
6. Students fill in number bonds to create 10.