This is a handy reference tool (bookmark or mini-flip chart) to use for small group when teaching students about the syllable patterns or types, phonics rules, and syllable division rules.
I print this out on cardstock, laminate it, and then attach it with a metal ring.
I make seven of them, so all students in the group can have one and so that I can use one as well.
It is very helpful to use when working with words and students are trying to remember vowel sounds, vowel team patterns, syllable types, or how and where to divide a word into syllables.
The pages included on the bookmark are the following:
1. List of 6 Common Syllables (Type, Pattern, and Example)
2. Short Vowel Sounds (with pics)
3. Long Vowel Sounds
4. Vowel Team (Sounds)
5. Final Stable Syllable Examples
6. Dividing Syllables (Shows how to divide a word into syllables.)
7. Syllable Division Rules
8. Blank sheet you could use as a mini-dry erase board if laminated.