'Around the World' is a whole class multipication game. The aim is to be the first player to go all the way 'Around the World' i.e. win every challenge and make it all the way back to their original starting position.
What you Need:
Around the World Play Sheets
How to Play:
1. All children sit at their desks or in a circle on the floor.
2. One student is selected, or volunteers to be the first challenger.
3. This student stands directly behind their neighbour.
4. A caller calls out and number fact to solve.
5. The first student to call out the correct answer from this pair wins the challenge.
6. The winning player moves and stands directly behind the next person in the room or in the circle. The losing player returns to their seat.
7. The caller calls out the next challenge and the game continues until one player has won every challenge all the way around the class.
How to Win:
I like to leave them wanting more so I only play this game for one lap of the room or for about 10 minutes. Whichever comes first.
NB This download includes Teaching Tips and instructions for discussions to be explored before, during and after the game.
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)