This 6 Writing Traits Expandable Bookmark resource is Common Core aligned and focuses on the six writing traits. The six writing traits include strong ideas, organization, fluency, word choice, voice, and conventions. Students have immediate access to the six traits of writing as they practice and apply proficient writing skills. They refer to the 6 Traits of Writing Expandable Bookmark as they continuously build
1. Use the bookmark as a reference guide to determine each students’ level of writing.
2. Use the bookmark in a guided (teacher-led) literacy station to scaffold students’ writing skills.
3. Use the bookmark in a writing literacy station.
4. Use the bookmark as a diagnostic to determine each students’ level of writing.
5. Use as a peer-editing writing checklist to ensure that students are following the path to great writing skills.
1. To assist students in comprehending and analyzing the six traits of writing.
2. To assist students in the revision and editing of their writing.
Common Core Standards:
Writing Standards: Grades 3 - 12
W.1, W.2, W.3, W.4, W.5, W.6, W.7, W.8, W.9, W.10
Check out my other related Language Arts Resources:
Citing Text Evidence and Inferences
Reading Strategies Bookmarks
Interactive Vocabulary Unit Quarter 1
Punctuation Day Flip Book 1
For updates on new resources…
Blog Literacy Art by Iris
Pin Literacy Art by Iris
Like Literacy Art by Iris
Happy Learning! Happy Teaching! Happy Learning!
Literacy Art by iris©