Six word memoirs are a unique and impactful genre for students to explore. You can say a lot in one line, if you give that one line a lot of thought. This six word memoir pack gives you a chance to introduce and experiment with the genre as well as extend it into your novel study and research units. After all, if a person can write a six word memoir about their own life, they can also write one about the life of a character in a novel or a person they’ve researched.
Inside this packet, you’ll find a variety of six word memoir assignments and projects. Use one or two or use them all –whatever works for your class. Consider introducing the genre with several of the activities and then bringing out the others throughout the year, making connections in new contexts.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- What is a 6 Word Memoir Handout
- Character Memoirs: explanation, guided prep, example, template
- Research Memoirs: explanation, guided prep, example, template
- Moment Memoirs: explanation, writing prep, example, template
- Identity Memoirs: explanation, example, template
- Layered Identity Memoirs: explanation, template
- Community One-Pagers: explanation, directions sheet for community event, example, templates
- Display Header Options
This unit comes in a PDF and Google Drive version. Questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org