Science, math, language arts, and geography topics are covered in this collection of 15 sixth-grade leveled books - level V and W.
Great to use in small groups or for additional material to augment these subjects in the classroom! The stories are a fun way the students will learn many interesting facts and do activities which will supplement their other learning on these topics.
The books will also enhance their vocabulary, reading, and writing skills. Each book comes with accompanying worksheets which reinforce literacy skills involving reading, language, spelling, and writing. Specific concepts, skills, and vocabulary targeted in each book are listed on the first page of each story.
This original series of leveled books is written to incorporate the Fountas and Pinnell leveled vocabulary, Rebecca Sitton spelling words, and common core curriculum standards for grades K-6 in the United States.
These leveled books cover all CCSS.ELA – Literacy Standards: Key Ideas and Details, Craft and Structure, Integration of Knowledge and Ideas and Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity (RI.6.1 – 6.10).
The 15 books in this collection include -
- Longitude and Latitude
- Hurry Up, You Move as Slow as a Snail
- Using Candy bars to Understand Mean, Median, and Mode
- More than a Green Thumb - Factors that Affect Plant Growth
- In the Prime of My Life - Learning About Prime and Composite Numbers
- The Phenomenon of Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Measuring the Largest Animals in the World
- The Study of Pyramids Used in Ancient Cultures
- Earthquakes and Tsunamis
- Animals that Live in the Australian Desert
- Push Up Your Sleeves - Recycling Paper and its Impact on the Environment
- How Likely is it?
- Sustainable Energy Sources
- Pool Billiards and a Quilt - Understanding Triangular and Square Numbers