This set of 12 sixth-grade leveled books - level X and Y - is a great way to integrate these science, math, language arts, and geography topics into your curriculum.
They can be used in small groups, for ESL, or for additional material to augment these subjects in the classroom. The stories are a fun way the students can learn many interesting facts and do activities which will add to their learning on these topics.
Each book comes with accompanying worksheets which reinforce literacy skills involving reading, language, spelling, and writing. Specific concepts, skills, and vocabulary targeted in each book are listed on the first page of each story.
This collection includes -
- An R.S.V.P. to Maria's Campout Birthday Celebration
- The History of the Light Globe
- A Carnival Surprise - Games of Chance
- Generating Electricity with Wind and Water
- The Science and History of Making Bread
- The Domino Effect of Drought
- Animal Migration
- The Ice Age
- Electric Circuits at the Electricity Fair
- Prisms, Pyramids, and their Nets
- The Cartesian Coordinate System
- Myths and Epic Tales
This original series of leveled books is written to incorporate the Fountas and Pinnell leveled vocabulary, Rebecca Sitton spelling words, and common core curriculum standards for grades K-6 in the United States.
These leveled books cover all CCSS.ELA – Literacy Standards: Key Ideas and Details, Craft and Structure, Integration of Knowledge and Ideas and Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity (RI.6.1 – 6.10).