An entire year of reading curriculum is done for you. Your reading (and writing) lesson plans can be done for the year, and they are 100% aligned to the65th grade CCSS Reading Literature, CCSS Reading Informational, and CCSS Writing Main standards.
Save 20% by purchasing this 6th Grade Curriculum Bundle!
If you have the Sixth Grade Reading Units Growing Bundle, you DO NOT need to purchase this resource, you will just need the literature and informational interactive notebook lessons.
Click on any of the linked units to see a preview of each and every unit you will be purchasing.
Imagine having your whole sixth grade reading curriculum done for you. Even better, this curriculum uses ACTUAL NOVELS to dig deeper into every single CCSS reading and writing standard.
I have dreamed of being able to teach my students with novels that they love, and have devoted the last three years to creating a curriculum that does just that.
Start out with 25 lessons that teach about the literature standards, then dive right into actual literature.
Later in the year, you will have 17 lessons to teach the informational standards.
What is included?
12 Different units, including novel units from 7 different reading genres.
That's 180+ Lessons:
Each Unit Contains:
1. Using this resource in your classroom
2. Classroom decorations, activities, and engagement ideas (if applicable)
3. The Socratic Seminar: research base and strategy in practice
4. Teaching vocabulary with novel studies
5. Different reading workshop set-ups
6. Scripted lesson examples
7. Reading response notebook examples from my classroom
8. Common Core standard alignment
9. Novel Lesson plans
10. Reading response rubrics