This product is designed to help in Ohio learn and review the 6th grade social studies standards, but include a wealth of activities which could be useful for any social studies teacher. Activities are designed to be hands on to engage student interest. All activities are "student approved" from my own classroom.
Many of these products are available individually in my TPT store. By purchasing this bundle, though, YOU SAVE 20%, and get each activity for less than $1.50!
ELEVEN activities are included in this bundle:
1. Ancient River Civilizations Review - including an extensive powerpoint, two graphic organizers, and a choice of 10 extended responses for students to practice. Incorporates knowledge of ancient civilizations, as well as review of geographical standards (how humans affected environment, and vice versa).
2. Latitude / Longitude Task Cards - including 20 questions, maps, and an answer key for students to check their own work!
3. Types of Maps Task Cards - including 8 maps, 20 questions, and an answer key for your students to check their own work!
4. Map Questions Task Cards - Designed to be used with any atlas.
5. Ancient Inventions Interactive Timeline - including a timeline (BCE/CE), 20 events for students to put in order on the timeline, questions to answer, and an answer key.
6. Government Sort - Reviews the four types of government, citizen rights, examples, and how leaders are elected.
7. Economics Data Task Cards - Includes 4 tables with 20 questions and answer key. Reviews Ohio economics standards, with questions and charts modeled after released practice questions. Includes answer key.
8. Statistics Task Cards - Includes 12 questions, including 2 sets of charts / graphs (additional practice similar to Economics Data Task Cards). Includes answer key.
9. Religion graphic organizer - with accompanying suggested websites.
10. Religion Vocabulary Sort
11. Factors of Migration Game
* For additional details and reviews of the products, please see each product as listed in my TPT store.
This bundle is designed to review several Ohio standards in a fun, hands-on and interactive way, rather than straight-forward test prep worksheets.
Suggestions for use:
1. Set it up as Centers - students may work through them on their own or in partners.
2. Have students complete a pre-assessment to see which skills each needs the most help on.
3. Have students do a "jigsaw" activity to review the river civilizations - each student completes a graphic organizer for one civilization, and then share information in a small group.
Several Ohio sixth grade social studies standards are reviewed through these activities:
OH History 1 - Events can be arranged in a timeline
OH History 2 - Ancient civilizations (Mesopotamia, Egypt, India & China)
OH Geography 3 - Use of different types of globes and maps
OH Geography 4 - Latitude and longitude
OH Geography 5 - Regions (covered through ancient China)
OH Geography 6 - Humans influence environment / environment influences humans (covered through ancient China)
OH Geography 7 - Political, Social, Economic and Environmental Factors of Migration
OH Geography 8 - Cultural Diffusion (review of religions)
OH Government 10 - Different types of government, and citizens rights / responsibilities
OH Economics 11 - Economic data sets
OH Economics 13 - Fundamental questions of economics
OH Economics 14 - Scarcity and trading
OH Economics 15 - Markets
Some other great products for Ohio Social Studies Teachers:
Countries of the World Project
Sixth Grade Standards Posters
Ancient Civilizations Anticipation Guides - FREE!