Hello Teaching Friends!
If you are like me, I wanted to give my students something to do during the summer that would help them stay as sharp as a tack :) I loop so I will teach the same students next year in 2nd grade. So this packet is intended for 1st graders going into 2nd grade. It covers common core standards in both math and literature. Please download the preview to see the specific standards (almost all of the math and almost all of the reading standards are incorporated).
There is a calendar for each month that describes what the activity is for each day (so that parents can also follow along). There is either a math or reading activity for each day. Included you will also get a general parent letter to print off in packet. You could choose to sign your name then print. I wanted this to be a maintenance free packet for you!
Here are just a few of the items covered in the packet:
- counting by 2's 5's 10's
- addition and subtraction word problems (students solve, and make their own).
- counting money within $1.00 and more than $1.00
- number of the day (tally marks, adding 10, subtracting 10, adding 1 subtracting 1)
- fact families
- greater than, less than and equal to
- missing addends
- Making Patterns
-ABC ordering words
-Trace and re-write words
- Matching picture to words
- Counting syllables
- Unscrambling sentences/words
- Identifying correct middle sound
- Elements of story identification (setting, character, plot)
Enjoy! Follow me and my blog :)