Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Skeleton Creek is a favorite read aloud for my 6th grade students who are always asking for scary books. This is a mystery novel which is broken into two parts - Ryan's text in his journal and Sarah's videos. Your students will love the multi media format. The characters are trying to find out why their town is named Skeleton Creek, when strange and scary things start happening. This guide is broken into 12 read aloud sessions. This product includes the following:
*12 days of lesson plans with common core skills
*Understanding the story printables
* Questions for each section (answers included)
* A summary of each section
* A short biography of the author with a link to his website
* Explanations for each of Sarah's video passwords
* Printable bookmarks with a QR code that links to the video website
* 5 literary device posters (personification, onomatopoeia, flashback, hyperbole, allusion)
* A 10 question (multiple choice) end of the book test with an answer key.
You might like to play this ESCAPE GAME after finishing the book.