Cut and paste a fairly detailed skeleton. Nearly all 2nd graders and beyond (perhaps earlier for advanced students) can follow the simple numbered instructions for putting these bones together.
This makes a great Halloweenish science project/unit. Students and paste the bones. Then they may label them.
(I tie this in with red ribbon week and have the skeleton "saying" ..Drugs will kill you!.. in a cartoon bubble using white crayon.)
All you need is some black construction paper standard 9" x 11" works just fine if you connect two pieces.
This unit also comes with:
1. A two page reading section explaining what bones and joints do - written at an early 2nd grade level. (2.1 according to the Fleishman Kincade scale in Word)
2. A two page fill in the blank section to be sure they did the reading.
3. A page of bones to cut, numbered and placed in order to help facilitate accurate cutting and pasting.
4. A simple 12 question quiz with two extra credit / challenge questions.
5. A page of tips & instructions for the teacher.
Spooky fun year 'round! (Scientific enough to be acceptable to those who frown on Halloween celebrations.)
Copyright 2012 Scott Beatty - all rights reserved
Search engine tags: primary skeleton, 2nd grade skeleton, primary bones, bones second grade, skeleton cut and paste primary, second grade cut and paste skeleton, 2nd grade, skeleton unit 3rd grade, third grade skeleton, bones third grade grade, skeleton cut unit third grade, name the bones primary, name the bones 2nd grade, name the bones third grade, name the bones 3rd grade, Halloween primary unit, Halloween 2nd grade, Halloween second grade, Halloween 3rd grade, Halloween third grade, fun project for primary, fun seat work for primary, fun seat work for 2nd grade, fun project for 2nd grade, fun project for second grade, project for 3rd grade, fun project for third grade, seat work for primary, seat work for 2nd grade, seat work for second grade, seat work for third grade, seat work for 3rd grade, fun primary activity, fun science activity, fun science activity, fun and educational seat work, fun science project.