I like to start my lessons with a short activity to get my students focused. Sometimes I like to include a short assessment at the end. I have used these quizzes and activities successfully both in class using a paper copy handout and as a computer-graded online quiz with Grades 9-12 (GCSE and A-Level in the UK) and in adult evening classes.
I have used them in Archaeology (Archeology), Physical Anthropology and Forensic classes but they would also be useful for Anatomy, Human Skeletal Biology or Sport / PE (Physical Education) lessons.
Short activities such as these are useful both for building into a lesson or as a stand-by. Once students have studied the topic they can be used as a review activity, bell ringer, warm up, brain break, exit, close down or when you just need to do some essential class admin.
The first activity could also be used as a Scavenger Hunt near the beginning of the module before the textbook is read; for a short homework exercise, or for revision.
10 higher order critical thinking questions are also included.
After explaining the chosen activity and setting the time limit (5-10 mins for a bell ringer), they can be used as an individual or paired activity.
Each student is provided with a handout. Teacher's instructions and answers are included.
The cover page and first activity are in colour but the majority of the product is ink-friendly. (Set to print from page 2.)
* Visual Multiple Choice Quiz (10 images) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Image Identification (10 images) Quiz with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Popular Names for Bones Quiz (15 questions) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Classification of Bones Activity (20 questions) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Classification of Bones Text Activity (20 questions) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Label Skeleton Activity (20 questions) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* 10 Thinking Questions (Higher Order) with Teacher’s Answer Sheet
* Exit Slips (3 copies) with question 1
* Exit Slips (3 copies) with question 2
Thanks for looking. I hope your students enjoy the quizzes and activities!
Lynn Bright 2013