This packet was created to use with the book The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond.
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students - you can have all your students working on the same skill but with a page that best fits their needs.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Included in the packet:
Directions and Common Core Standards for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending some of the activities.
* Asking Questions - 2 pages
* Beginning, Middle, End - 5 pages
* Cause and Effect - 8 pages and 1 key
* Character Analysis - 2 pages
* Compare and Contrast - 3 pages
* Text-to-Self Connections - 3 pages
* Drawing Conclusions/Inferencing - 3 pages
* Fact and Opinion - 2 pages
* Main Idea and Details - 6 pages
* Sequencing - 6 pages plus 2 keys
* Story Map - 3 pages
* Strong Thought - 3 pages
* Visualize - 3 pages
* Writing paper - 2 pages
Common Core Standards
K.RL.1, K.RL.2, K.RL.3, K.RL.7, K.SL.5, K.W.1, 1.RL.1, 1.RL.2, 1.RL.3, 1.RL.5, 1.RL.7, 1.RL.9, 1.SL.4, 1.SL.5, 1.W.1, 2.RL.1, 2.RL.2, 2.RL.5, 2.RL.7, 2.RL.9, 2.W.1, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.2
If you would like more information about this book or any other, visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
The PBT’s Edition Facebook page
The PBT's Edition Pinterest Boards