This packet of reading skills and strategies was created to use with the book Ruthie and the (Not So) Teeny Tiny Lie by Laura Rankin.
*********** U P D A T E D * 2 0 1 6 * U P D A T E D * 2 0 1 6***********
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students - you can have all your students working on the same skill but with a page that best fits their needs.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Included in the packet:
Directions and Common Core Standards for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending the activities.
* Vocabulary – 8 pages RL.4
* Asking Questions - 6 pages RL.1
* Author's Point of View- 3 pages RL.6
* Author's Purpose - 3 pages RIT.8
* Beginning, Middle, End - 6 pages RL.3, RL.7, SL.5, RL.5
* Cause and Effect - 9 pages plus 1 key RL.1,
* Character Analysis - 3 pages RL.3, SL.4, RL.7
* Compare and Contrast - 3 pages RL.9
* Connections - 6 pages RL.9, SL.5, RL.5
* Inference/Drawing Conclusion - 3 pages RL.1
* Main Idea and Details - 6 pages RL.2, 1.SL.5
* Problem Solution – 5 pages RL.1, SL.5, RL.3, RL.7
* Sequencing - 10 pages plus 2 keys RL.3, SL.5, RL.2
* Story Map - 3 pages RL.2
* Strong Thought - 3 pages RL.7
These pages are created in full 8.5 by 11 but if printed 2 to a page they can be easily added to a reading notebook.
If you would like more information about this book and many others please visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher - use the Book pull down tab located on the right hand side of the blog under the heading "Labels" to find the book you are looking for.
The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
Follow with BlogLovin’
Follow with Feedly
The Picture Book Teacher’s Facebook page
The Picture Book Teacher’s Pinterest Boards
© Paper, graphics, borders & fonts created by Shawna Devoe 2011
**If you have problems downloading this or any product, please make sure you have a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Shawna Devoe and The Picture Book Teacher is the sole creator of this product, Reading Skills and Strategies inspired by Ruthie and the (Not So) Teeny Tiny Lie by Laura Rankin, and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS or the WIDA ELD standards.