PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This worksheet (PDF) is specifically tailored to high school students or adult education students who are in the Cosmetology trade or preparing for a state board exam. I have used the Milady 13th Edition as a reference for this worksheet and students will use this textbook and PowerPoint notes to complete this assignment and prepare for the Skin Disorders & Diseases test. I have included an answer key with this worksheet. This assignment is 6 pages long. This like all of my Skin Disorder & Disease resources go with the PowerPoint and the test that I have for purchase in addition to this worksheet.
1. Identify and describe common skin lesions, differentiating between primary and secondary lesions.
2. List and describe common disorders of the sebaceous glands.
3. List and describe common changes in skin pigmentation.
4. Identify the forms of skin cancer including symptoms and mortality rates.
5. Identify and describe the major causes of acne and current treatments.
6. List the factors that contribute to the aging of the skin.
7. Explain the effects of exposure to the sun on the skin.
8. Describe contact dermatitis and prevention measures for cosmetologists.