Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This PowerPoint is specifically tailored to high school students or adult education students who are in the Cosmetology trade or preparing for a state board exam. I have used the Milady 13th Edition as a reference for these notes. All of my Skin Disorder & Disease resources that I have for purchase go with this PowerPoint and the textbook.
1. Identify and describe common skin lesions, differentiating between primary and secondary lesions.
2. List and describe common disorders of the sebaceous glands.
3. List and describe common changes in skin pigmentation.
4. Identify the forms of skin cancer including symptoms and mortality rates.
5. Identify and describe the major causes of acne and current treatments.
6. List the factors that contribute to the aging of the skin.
7. Explain the effects of exposure to the sun on the skin.
8. Describe contact dermatitis and prevention measures for cosmetologists.