Using this complete unit bundle for "Skinnybones" by Barbara Park, you and your students can enjoy this humorous novel without you having to worry about lesson plans, choosing vocabulary words, creating activities, or making a final assessment!
The lesson plans include integrated writing and vocabulary components. All standards cited to in the lesson plans are 2nd grade CCGPS (Common Core Georgia) standards, but these can easily be removed and replaced with the specific standard number for your state.
Included with the plans are the following:
- Detailed lesson plans for each of the 15 days of this unit
- Student Reading Logs (plus teacher guide)
- Vocabulary cards for your word wall
- All necessary activity sheets and answer keys
- Writing prompt and rubric
- Vocabulary assessment and answer key
- An end-of-book comprehension assessment (with answer key)
- A table of contents to help you find everything easily!
Major focus skills of this unit:
- character personality traits
- making personal connections to texts
- making reasonable predictions
- creating a summary by retelling events in sequence
- determining the meaning of new words
- root words and base words
- story structure and elements
- writing a response to reading
Everything is taken care of for you - just sit back and enjoy the book with your students!