A fun, engaging way to practice skip counting or any other memorized sequence. Great for mixed ages and skill levels. Line up the lily pads from smallest to biggest, count, hop your frog, and turn them over to see if you got a fly!
Beautiful artwork, storage envelopes, and lily pad templates for every common skip counting sequence make this game a joy to play. Print once, laminate, and use it over and over again. A blank version is included so you can customize and practice just about any sequence you like.
Students can play individually, in pairs, or in teams; competitively or cooperatively. Instructions are included for every mode of play. This package contains everything you need to set up a frog hopping skip count game for your math center.
Please note that you will need a few supplies:
- green paper or card stock to print the prepared lily pads. (A blank green version is included, but numbers have to be written on the back for that option)
- a few little cups to hold the paper flies
- laminating film helps with durability, and packing tape is nice to use on the frogs
- A blanket, towel, mat, or table is nice to have for playing the game on - blue is a great color for it
This package includes the following:
- Full instructions for assembling frogs, how to prepare your own custom version, etc.
- Game rules for several kinds of play, depending on your needs and the temperament of your students
- Templates for two styles of frog game pieces
- Realistic looking paper flies for collection
- Lily pad templates for the following counting sequences: 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's, 10's, 25's
- Blank, green colored lily pad templates for those who find it more convenient to write the numbers on the back than to search for green card stock
- Blank template so you can create a customized game
- Decorated and pre-labeled envelope templates to hold each of the lily pad sets,
- Un-labeled, but decorated envelope template for your own custom lily pad sets