Skip Cow-ting ('counting', get it? get it?) by 10s is a skip counting game which focuses on multiples of three in ascending and descending order. The game is designed to assist students understand repeated addition and basic multiplication concepts in an enjoyable way. In the game students sort and order their cards from 10 to 100. Use this Math game to answers the question, 'Is it a multiple of five?'
What You Need:
1 set of skip counting cards
Preparation: - One player has the yellow cards. - One player has the green cards. - Decide if the game will practise ascending or descending order.
How to Play:
1. Players shuffle their cards.
2. On a given signal students race to arrange their cards in either ascending or descending order.
3. First player to arrange their cards in the correct order and place their hands on their head is the winner.
4. Play best of five matches.
- How might we incorporate a stop watch into this game?
- How might timing a game like this either help or hinder your Math development?
- How could you modify this game to make it more fun?
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)