PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Skip Counting by 2s
Skip Counting by 2s is a necessary skill in basic number sense. Use these centers and printables to consolidate these skills.
Related packs -
Tasks include -
• Flip Flops or as we Aussies call them thongs. Students place cards in a sequence and then place the correct number underneath. There are sets of houses for counting patterns too.
• Fix the puzzles – count by twos to put the picture back together.
• Cut and glue – place the numbers in the correct sequence.
• Sequence the houses and then deliver the correct mail to the correct house number.
• Missing flamingos – find the missing card by counting by 2.
• Houses for odd counting patterns - 4 sets. Sequence the houses and then deliver the correct mail to the correct house number.
• Counting collections by 2s. Use a dry erase pen to circle and count.
• Adding and subtracting cards by 2. Draw cards one at a time, work out the answer and the winner who has the most cards at the end.
• Skip counting ice cream flavours.
• Number scrolls counting by 2s from a given starting point.
• Assessment – student and teacher pages
USA Common Core Standards
K.CC.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence instead of having to begin at 1
1.OA.5 Relate counting to addition and subtraction (counting on 2 to add 2)
2.OA.3 Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication (by pairing or counting by 2s)
Australian National Curriculum
Year 1 - Number and Algebra – Develop confidence with number sequences to and from 100 by ones from any starting point. Skip count by twos, fives, and tens starting from zero (ACMNA012)
Year 2 – Number and Algebra – Investigate number sequence, initially those increasing and decreasing by twos, threes, five and ten from any given starting point, then moving to other sequences. (ACMNA026)
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©2012 Paula’s Place
Revised in 2018
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.