Looking for an activity that will keep the fun in second grade math while growing your students' abilities in skip counting
? Here’s a set of 24 math task cards that will strengthen your 2nd grade students’ ability to skip count by fives and tens through 1,000.
Strong skills in skip counting lay the groundwork for success in multiplication and place value!
Choosing from four numbers, your students will determine the secret number by eliminating three of the options. Counting by fives and by tens are mixed within all cards, so your students will have to look closely to determine the counting pattern! They'll have a great time and won’t even realize that when they've completed all 24 cards, they’ve solved 72 skip counting sequences in all!
Because the graphics in this set aren't seasonal, you'll find yourself using this resource at any time during the school year!
A student recording page, answer key, and themed board game are also included.
Here are some ways that you might use the task cards in your classroom:
* Use in a math center for individual or partner work
* Use with your document camera for whole class review or to focus attention at the beginning of a math lesson
* Use as a skills review rotation (aka "Scoot"), individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the clues
* Use for morning “bell ringers”
* Use as challenge work or for early finishers
* Use as an activity with classroom volunteers – they can complete as few or as many as time allows!
* Print in black and white to use in interactive notebooks. Give one puzzle to each student and have them write about their thinking in solving the riddle.
Download the preview to try four FREE task cards!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like …
► Adding Three Two-Digit Numbers Math Riddle Task Cards
► Adding Two-Digit Numbers With and Without Regrouping Math Riddle Task Cards
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Exclusive” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook