This Literacy, Math and Learning Fun activities set is based on the children's book SKIPPYJON JONES by Judy Schachner. This crazy Siamese cat is always imagining himself on some great adventure and kids are going to enjoy finding out what he's into next.
1. Color word matching--Match the English word card with the colored crayon to the Spanish word card with the picture of the same color
2. Numbers/English/Spanish--Match together the trio with the number, English number word and Spanish number word (1-10)
3. Cats Have Nine Lives--Students complete the addition and subtraction problems on the cats and circle the ones where the sum or difference is "9".
4. Get Skippyjon Home--Students roll the dice,
add the numbers and move that number of spaces along the path. The first to reach the bird's nest is the winner.
5. Mosquito Bandito Rhyming--Students match together the two cards with rhyming words (from story)
6. Cat Graph--Students sort out the cats by type and then complete the bar graph with the information
7. Make a Word--Students see how many words they can create using
the letters from "SKIPPYJON JONES"
8. Activity Letter explaining how to use the activities