This is a NO PREP CCSS assessment packet I made for my 5th grade class. There are several different assessments included. It includes the following:
• Four 10 question quizzes which break the novel into 4 easy to manage parts. The quizzes include Multiple Choice questions and 2 short response questions. There is also an answer sheet for students to record their answers, this makes it much easier to grade!
• A whole novel CCSS test which includes 25 items, reading, language arts, writing, and vocabulary questions in multiple choice, matching and short response format which require students to support answers with text based evidence. You can use this as a whole class test if you teach the novel whole class, or if you assign the novel as independent reading, you can give the test as students finish the reading. There is also an anshwer sheet for students to record their answers!
I have students independently read the novel and complete the student packet as one of their reading rotations during our 90 minute reading block.
This test is modeled after standardized testing which I use in small group; I have students complete it first independently, then bring it to small group to review and discuss. This is excellent prep for our district reading assessments as well as for our state standardized testing.
This test includes reading passages directly from the novel.
Standards Data Trackers:
• Standards Tracker for Teacher- Use the CCSS Standards tracker to track the standards assessed in this packet. This shows the teacher, administrators or anyone else who walks in your room which standards are being addressed in the novel assessment packet and how many times each standard is assessed.
• Standards Item Analysis - I've included a table that lists each standard for each assessment that can be used to perform an item analysis so you can see at a glance who has mastered each standard. I use this to plan my small group instruction. Based on the data, I put together mini lessons to reteach and reasss.
• Standards Tracker for Students - Have your students track their mastery of the standards with Skunk Scout. This tracker references the standard and uses an 'I Can' statement in child friendly language. I have my students keep this tracker in their data notebooks. I use data notebooks to conference with students on their progress throughout the year. I also use student data notebooks on parent conference nights with student led conferences. Students love to share and explain their data to their parents!
This packet can be used in conjunction with the SKUNK SCOUT NO PREP STUDENT PACKET
or on its own. I sometimes allow my students to use their student packet on their quizzes. This is motivation for them to stay on schedule with their student packet (since this is independent work). If they think they will be able to use it on a test they spend more time on it!
Answer keys are included!
You can also get the SKUNK SCOUT NO PREP BUNDLE
that includes the Skunk Scout NO PREP Student Packet and the Skunk Scout NO PREP Assessment Packet!