Every year, learning about the sled dog race across Alaska is a highlight in my class! Included in this product are 7 activities that I use with my students during our cross curricular study of the race.
These activities are not designed to be a day to day unit, but to enhance your study of the race.
* Comparing and Contrasting Dog Heroes - Togo & Akiak
* What Makes a Good Lead Dog? - Critical Thinking Activity
* Vocabulary booklet
* Checkpoint Math word problems using Checkpoint Distance Charts
* Packing Your Sled -- What would you pack?
* Race Alphabet vocabulary organizer
* Which Way to Nome? Geography Questions
This is a growing product...buy it now and get any added resources for free!
Be sure to check out the preview to get a peek inside.