Teaching "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" this fall? Here is a thorough and intensive interactive lesson for helping students understand the concept of mood and how an author uses language to develop specific moods. For such a complex idea, this text lends itself so well to helping students to grasp the concept!
Designed for 6th grade common core standards, this lesson includes the following pieces:
- a detailed lesson plan with standards and objectives
- a guided lesson plan for teachers with step-by-step procedures for using all activities
- a PowerPoint presentation for a guided lesson including assembly of interactive notebook items
- two printable copies of the story specifically rewritten for a middle school reader
- group activity to apply understanding of mood
- exit ticket for quick progress monitoring
Check out the preview for a more in-depth look at these activities!
***Note: This product is part of a larger unit and includes references to other activities for this short story but can also be used in isolation. Please do not repurchase if you have already purchased The Legend of Sleep Hollow ELA and Close Reading Mini Unit