Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
58.15 MB | 50+ pages
Teaching "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" this fall? Here is a thorough and intensive interactive lesson for pre-teaching key vocabulary words, connotation, and denotation. Designed for 6th grade common core standards, this 2 part lesson includes the following pieces:
- a detailed lesson plan with standards and objectives
- an editable PowerPoint presentation for a guided lesson
- a PDF presentation for a guided lesson
- a copy of the story specifically rewritten for a middle school reader, complete with vocabulary annotations
- interactive notebook activities for finding and verifying definitions and examining connotation and denotation
- a differentiated quick check quiz
- all necessary answer keys
Check out the preview for a more in-depth look at these activities!
***Note: This product is part of a larger unit and includes references to other activities for this short story but can also be used in isolation. Please do not repurchase if you have already purchased The Legend of Sleepy Hollow ELA and Close Reading Mini Unit!