Excited for the Halloween season? We are! My 6th graders LOVE to read this adapted version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". Included in this pack are several activities focused on the plot and story elements of literature. You will be provided with three formats of text so that you can choose the one that works best for your students! All versions are at a 1100 Lexile.
Designed for 6th grade common core standards, this reading lesson includes the following pieces:
- a detailed overview of standards and objectives
- a PowerPoint presentation that displays the story and relevant journal prompts
- a copy of the story specifically rewritten for a middle school reader, complete with vocabulary annotations
- two additional PDF versions of the text with and without key terms (less paper)
- a story elements worksheet
- a plot map worksheet
- sortable cards to organize plot events
- all necessary answer keys
Check out the preview for a more in-depth look at these activities!
***Note: This product is part of a larger unit and includes references to other activities for this short story but can also be used in isolation. Please do not repurchase if you have already purchased The Legend of Sleep Hollow ELA and Close Reading Mini Unit