Happy Spring! Here's a super-cute shape craftivity
sure to bring a smile to your face.
It's a fun way to review 2D & 3D shapes
The packet includes:
* The "Slick Chick" shape "craftivity": circle, oval, triangle, square, rectangle, hexagon, pentagon, octagon, rhombus, trapezoid, star, heart & crescent
Make and laminate a set to use them as flashcards, anchor charts, a shape bulletin board, oral assessment, or manipulatives
for students to hold up during a shape story.
If you do display them, you can take one away and ask children which chick has disappeared.
Students can also choose their favorite and make their own.
Completed projects make an adorable bulletin board
I've included 2 spring posters
to use for the center of your display.
* There's also an emergent reader
"Slick Chick" shape booklet
Students read, trace
the shape word, fill in the shapes to look like chicks; trace the shape and then draw that shape. They also underline the capital letter
and add end punctuation
I've also included . . .
* A graphing
* A "matching shape word to shape" worksheet
* and an "Identifying attributes"
worksheet plus a ...
* Spatial directions
worksheet, as well as ...
* Shape word and shape picture cards
to make Itty Bitty
booklets and play Memory Match or "I Have; Who Has?" games
with, and finally, there's a ...
* Certificate of praise bookmark
I'm Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your kiddos enjoy "shaping up" with a little chick.
Click here, to see my other shape activities
Click here, to see more of my craft activities