Slope of a Line - Practice / Review of Main Ideas for Slope in different forms:
This sorting activity helps your students practice finding slope in different forms to determine whether the slope is positive, negative, undefined, or zero.
Here is what's included:
- 4 quick-fold pockets to hold sorted cards
- 30 basic cards (mix of graphs, tables, ordered pairs, and equations with y already isolated)
- 10 optional add-on cards with equations in which students must isolate y
- 4 "answer cards" that list which cards should be in each pocket
- optional "sorting mat" for those who prefer a learning station format
Students will cut out and sort the cards into the correct pocket (positive slope, negative slope, zero slope, and undefined slope). The pockets fit well on an interactive notebook page.
Then, hand out the answer/check cards. After students have verified that their cards were sorted correctly, the answer cards can be tucked into each pocket. Students can re-do the activity as review at any time.
*** This item is also available as part of a larger DISCOUNTED bundle: Slope and Graphing Linear Equations Bundle
Try these other math activities:
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Finding Slope - Conquest Game
Slope & Linear Equations: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book