Slope "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
** Note: This item is also included in a larger DISCOUNTED bundle: Slope and Graphing Linear Equations Bundle
- main ideas - slope as rate of change, rise over run, "m"
- calculating slope from a graph
- calculating slope from ordered pairs
- slopes of horizontal and vertical lines
- graphing a line with a particular slope
- comparing slopes
- greater absolute value = steeper
- examples & practice
- sketching positive, negative, zero, and undefined slopes
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Conquest - Algebra Set 3 - Slope & Linear Equations
Coordinate PLANES: Paper Airplanes from Graphing Linear Equations