AP Calculus students need to be able to relate differential equations, slope fields, descriptions about the slopefield/differential equation, and an example of a particular solution.
This set of 108 cards (27 sets of four cards) matching cards contains
• 27 differential equations;
• 27 slope fields;
• 27 descriptions about the slope field or differential equation;
• 27 graphs of a piece of a particular solution to the slope field; The X marks an initial
• condition. (This is actually an Euler’s line that fits the slope field.)
This is a great set of cards that can be used in a lot of different ways in your Calculus AB, BC, Honors or Regular Calculus Class.
They are designed to be duplicated on card stock, cut into index size cards, and then randomly distributed to the class. You can separate the 27 sets of four cards into various groups to differentiate the instruction or use them at various points in your course.
A set of directions on how to use the cards in your classroom is included.
Random number labels have been placed on the cards and a chart of how the cards match is included for easy grading.
A complete set of solutions are included.
Comments from buyers:
• My AP Calculus classes always enjoy this matching activity. It helps them develop a better understanding of the properties of slope fields.
• These are a great resource for when I teach my least favorite chapter! It makes it more interesting for the kids (and me!!)
• These are great - thorough and challenging!
• Great Resource ! Thanks !
• My students had some difficulty with this, but it made for a good discussion. Thanks.
• I am a first year AP Calculus teacher and found it so hard to get anything good on slope fields. This matching activity worked out great for my students. Thank you.
• These are great! Thank you!