Also included in
- Slope, Graphing, & Linear Equations Activity Bundle - a variety of unique activities and resources:Save money by getting 19 sets of resources in one bundle! These activities will help your students with slope and graphing.(For an even bigger bundle that includes systems of equations, solving, q$47.00$58.00Save $11.00
*This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle:
Slope and Graphing Linear Equations Bundle
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- understanding slope and y-intercept
- formula for an equation in slope-intercept form
- steps for graphing a line
- working with graph form, equation form, tables, and ordered pairs
- special cases
- what to do with equations that do not yet have y isolated
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
Visual note taking strategies like sketch notes or doodle notes are based on dual coding theory. When we can blend the text input with graphic/visual input, the student brain processes the information differently and can more easily convert the new learning into long-term memory.
This strategy also integrates the left and right hemispheres of the brain to increase focus, learning, and retention!
You might also like:
Algebra 1 Super Bundle
Consumer Math & Personal Finance: Complete Unit
Coordinate PLANES: Paper Airplanes from Graphing Linear Equations