Also included in
- Slope, Graphing, & Linear Equations Activity Bundle - a variety of creative games, notes, activities, puzzles and other resources:Save money by getting 20 sets of resources in one bundle! These activities will help your students with slope and graphing.(For an even bigger bundle that includes sPrice $47.00Original Price $59.00Save $12.00
Graphing & Writing Equations of Lines in Slope-Intercept Form - Visual Interactive "Doodle Notes" with interactive tasks for building stronger retention of how to graph linear equations with slope intercept form in Algebra
Boost your students' focus and memory! The blend of graphic and linguistic input in these guided visual notes helps students' brains to convert the information to long-term memory more easily.
*This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle:
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- understanding slope and y-intercept
- formula for an equation in slope-intercept form
- steps for graphing a line
- working with graph form, equation form, tables, and ordered pairs
- special cases
- what to do with equations that do not yet have y isolated
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
Visual note taking strategies like sketch notes or doodle notes are based on dual coding theory. When we can blend the text input with graphic/visual input, the student brain processes the information differently and can more easily convert the new learning into long-term memory.
This strategy also integrates the left and right hemispheres of the brain to increase focus, learning, and retention!
If you’d like to get the benefits of the doodle note method for your students ALL throughout middle school, get the full set: