This math art activity is a great way for your algebra students to practice writing and graphing equations in slope intercept form. The result of this practice activity is a beautiful art display in your classroom!
Click here to save money and purchase this product as apart of the Graphing Equations Art Bundle
For each problem your students will need to use the given information to write equations in slope-intercept form. They will then graph the lines. After graphing your students will create a piece of art by outlining each line in black and coloring the sections in between each intersecting line. This will give the completed graph a stained glass look and will add some color to your classroom. Your students won't mind practicing their math skills if there is a little art involved!
Check out some of the great reviews of this math activity below:
- "Great review on all of the different ways to write a linear equation. I used this as a review prior to covering systems."
- "Love doing this activity every year and covering my walls!"
- "Awesome resource to do instead of just a boring worksheet"
- "Fun artistic project. I used this as one of my centers and the kids really enjoyed being able to apply art to math! "
- "This was great. I was able to use it as extra credit with my high level students who quickly got this concept and wanted to do more practice. Love that it included vertical lines as well, that one always seems to stump them for a minute."
You may also be interested in some of my other math activities below:
Real Life Math Project: Investigating Jobs, Salaries and Budgets
Mathematician Trading Card Project
Click here to follow me for updates on new products that are always 50% off for the first 24 hours!