Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.51 MB | 9 pages
Algebra isn't always easy to make "fun".. but my students seem to love playing math telephone! This is also a HUGE help when practicing for Algebra tests. By the end my students are always VERY good at writing equations and graphing slope intercept form!
15 math telephone slips and 1 blank telephone slip
Each slip includes: word problem, blank for equation, graph, equation, and new word problem
2) cut out slips
3) hand out slips
4) students write the equation for the word problem on their "phone" (slip of paper)
5) student folds the paper so the original word problem is not shown and hands it to the next student
6) the next student graphs the equation and folds over the equation so only the graph is now shown and hands it to the next student
7) They write an equation for the graph (and repeats the steps of folding and handing the telephone to next student)
8) They write a word problem for the equation.
Then, discuss if the answers are correct. Have the students analyze why (not) the equations are the same/different. Are the word problems similar?