While I revamp my lessons to incorporate our new CASIO fx-9860GII calculators, I am constantly amazed by its capabilities!
The PowerPoint listed here has calculator screen shots, but can be used by anyone teaching or learning how to deal with slope-intercept form and writing & solving systems of equations.
* The PowerPoint covers the following topics:
* Parts of the SLOPE-INTERCEPT FORM
* WRITING and SOLVING real-world WORD problems in slope-intercept form
* Graphing on the Casio
* Extended Thinking questions and discussion
* Solving Systems of Equations in STANDARD FORM
* WRITING and SOLVING real-world WORD problems in standard form
* Casio Calculator - Solving Simultaneous Equations
The PowerPoint includes 5 high-level word problems that can be discussed in-depth and extended in many ways. I use this for standardized test review.