Slope & Rate of Change Activity BUNDLE | 8th Grade Math
- Easel Activity
Products in this Bundle (3)
Looking for a way to make your slope & rate of change unit memorable, hands-on, and engaging for your 8th graders? Want to save money?
Here you go! Each lesson is self-contained, and requires zero prep — just print and go.
This bundle includes 3 activities aligned to the 8th grade slope & rate of change standards, along with an exciting BONUS 8th grade activity.
- Hiking Math: Slope and Rate of Change. Students play the role of a mountaineer, and apply their math skills to map out elevations, sort travelers into different groups, and analyze a hike. Includes Easel, PDF, and autograded Google Form.
- Slope Sketches: Finding Slope of Lines. Students analyze the slope found in a Minecraft-inspired drawing: classifying slope, selecting ordered pairs, and computing slope values. Then, they make their own drawing and analyze slope!
- Finding Slope: Ordered Pairs, Tables, Graphs. Perfect for a review lesson ahead of an exam, students find slope with ordered pairs, tables, and in graphs—and use their answers to doodle in a beautiful picture of a lake.
- BONUS: Parallel Lines Cut by a Transversal. Students solve 3 levels of angle puzzles involving parallel lines cut by a transversal and the triangle sum theorem, and use their answers to fill in a picture of a flower.
What is Doodle Math?
Every Doodle Math activity is a print-and-go time-saver:
- Print out the worksheet. It has a series of math problems to solve, and space for students to show their work.
- Students solve the problems. Each answer unlocks a pattern, which students can doodle onto a template image.
- Turn math into a masterpiece. The completed image will match the answer key once all of their answers are correct – and it's easy to spot-check from a distance.
The completed image will look best when students use markers in their choice of colors but can be completed with pencil or pen in a pinch!
Before you go…
- Stay updated. the store to stay updated on new activities and freebies!
- Join the community. Join us on and for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!