Parallel and Perpendicular Lines Quiz
This product includes a ten question assessment on parallel and perpendicular lines. It can be given after students understand the slopes of parallel and perpendicular lines and have written equations.
Students are asked the following types of questions:
• Explain how you know if two lines will be parallel or perpendicular,
• Compare three lines and explain if the lines will be parallel or perpendicular,
• Graph a horizontal line and write an equation of a line that is perpendicular,
• Examine a student solution in order to find and fix an error,
• Write a parallel and perpendicular line that passes through a particular point
when given the equation of a different line
In addition to these questions, students are asked two multiple choice questions.
At the very end of the assessment, students are provided an opportunity to explain how well they understand parallel and perpendicular lines and how math is going this year.
Answer keys are provided.