Small Group Comprehension Lessons and Reading Passages - Year-Long Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (19)
showing 1-5 of 19 products
Also included in
- Hey Danielle,Here is your custom order. Enjoy!-SaraPrice $110.21Original Price $191.65Save $81.44
Stop searching for reading passages, small group lesson plans, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and mini anchor charts because this bundle has everything you need to teach small group lessons for the entire year. Get 130+ ready-to-print reading lesson plan sets that will help you teach key reading comprehension skills in upper elementary. This bundle includes scripted teacher lesson plans, reading passages, strategy cards (aka mini-anchor charts), and response sheets that are aligned to each lesson objective.
We all know just how important small group reading lessons are in upper elementary, but the reality of it is we don’t always have time to plan and find the materials we need. With this year-long bundle, the lesson plans are written, the materials are already prepped. All you have to do is print and you’re ready to teach a stellar small group lesson.
THIS YEAR-LONG BUNDLE INCLUDES:
⭐️ 9 Author’s Purpose Lesson Sets
⭐️ 12 Asking Questions Lesson Sets
⭐️10 Plot Structure/Story Events Lesson Sets
⭐️ 5 Point of View Lesson Sets
⭐️ 4 Summarizing Fiction Lesson Sets
⭐️ 5 Summarizing Nonfiction Lesson Sets
⭐️10 Text Evidence Lesson Sets
⭐️ 10 Text Features Lesson Sets
⭐️ 9 Reasons & Evidence Lesson Sets
⭐️ 7 Figurative Language Lesson Sets
⭐️ 7 Cause & Effect Lesson Sets
⭐️ 5 Making Connections Lesson Sets
⭐️ 12 Nonfiction Text Structure Lesson Sets (Added on 9/27/22)
⭐️ 8 Traditional Literature Small Group Lesson Sets (Added on 10/28/22)
That is over 135 small group lesson sets complete with everything you need.
If you would like to see the specific objectives covered for each lesson set, be sure to check out the individual previews or product descriptions. I do break down the lesson titles so you know exactly what is covered in each lesson.
LET'S BREAK DOWN EACH LESSON ELEMENT:
For each lesson set included in this year-long bundle, you’ll get the same elements listed below. So you’ll get over 130 of the following elements.
- Scripted Teacher Lesson Plan - The small group lesson plans provide you with the exact language you need to say to make sure your students are mastering the objective for the lesson. It also provides you with a really easy-to-implement lesson framework that works great for small group lessons.
- Strategy Card - Each lesson also comes with a strategy card (like a mini anchor chart). This strategy card works great as a visual support during your lesson and students can take it with them at the end of the lesson.
- Student Passage - Each passage is short (less than one full page) so it can quickly be read during a small group lesson. It is also written in a way that makes it really easy for the students to practice and apply the focus skill. You won't have to worry if the text you give your students will work for the lesson objective.
- Response Page - If you want to extend your lesson or give your students an extension assignment, you can give them the response page which includes a graphic organizer focused on the lesson objective and three comprehension questions.
- Digital Version - There is also a digital version created using Google Slides so this resource will work during both face-to-face and virtual instruction.
- Answer Key - Each individual set includes an answer key with possible answers.
With over 130 lesson sets included, you’ll have more than enough resources to get you through your small group lessons for the entire year.
Just think of all the time you’ll save not having to search for or plan out your small group lessons!
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN USE THIS RESOURCE IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
- Use these lessons during small group instruction.
- Use as part of your guided reading lessons and spread out the reading and writing tasks over multiple days.
- Use as part of test prep to help your students get ready for their end-of-year test.
- Use passages during intervention to help support students who struggle with reading.
- Use as part of your whole group lesson.
- Leave as part of your sub-plans - the scripted lesson plans make these resources really easy to follow.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
→ Your students will love the topics of the stories and texts included in this bundle. The passages are high interest and will hold your student’s attention during the entire small group lesson.
→ You’ll love how quick and easy it is to prep your small group lessons. All you have to do is print the materials for the lesson you want to teach and you’re all set to teach. No more searching for reading passages or guided reading books or trying to find a passage that matches the skill you want to teach.
→Your students will love the “bite-sized” objective for each lesson. They won’t feel overwhelmed by what you are trying to teach them. They will feel confident in their ability to practice the one focus skill for each lesson.
→ You’ll love how easy the lesson structure is to follow. Each lesson follows the 4T model (clearly explained in the preview and lesson set). You can be confident that you will be using your small group time in a way that will actually move your students towards reaching their reading goals.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Madison A. purchased the main idea set and said “These are some of my favorite resources! Everything is nicely scaffolded, and I love the short lessons. These are perfect for guided reading!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Crystal S. purchased the fiction set and said, “I enjoy using this resource in small groups during my reading instruction. The lessons are easy-to-use with little prep.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Tamara R. purchased the poetry set and said, "This was great for a small group! It held students' interest and went over the skills that we needed to work on. Thanks!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Michelle G. purchased the fiction set and said, "I have really enjoyed using these lessons with my small groups. They are easy to use and adapt to the students and they provide you with everything that you might need.”
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
→ Skill-Based Reading Task Cards For the Entire Year
→ Fiction and Nonfiction Reference Sheets
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.