• In this packet you will find small group math games and activities to teach representing and solving addition and subtraction. They are easy to make and that can be used with all of your small groups. Each activity has been designed in such a way that they can be used in different ways to cater to differing ability levels. No need to plan and make different activities for each group!
• Detailed lesson plans are included for 12 different small group math representing and solving addition and subtraction activities. There are instructions for how to tailor the activities to fit the needs of the students in your class. Each activity has instructions for how to use it with an intervention group and an “on-target” group. Most activities also have instructions for use with a small group of students who need a challenge (the challenge group).
• These activities are perfect to use for RTI (Response to Intervention) and can also be used in centers after use in small groups.
• Lessons/activities are included for the following number standards:
• MCCK.OA.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
• MCCK.OA.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
(c) 2015 - Kim Adsit and Michele Scannell. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for their own classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.