Getting started with small group reading instruction can feel daunting!
This guide will help eliminate the need to spend hours searching - just place in your lesson plan binder for easy access. I've been cognizant to include concise lists and printable cards that I wished I had as a classroom teacher implementing small groups.
Now, I'm a reading support specialist/interventionist and I use these daily. In this set, I've focused on word study, fluency, comprehension, and writing but this kit leans most heavily on the word study portion where you can really hone those decoding/recoding skills in small groups.
There will be additional literacy support pieces added to my store.
So be on the lookout for:
1. WEEKLY guided reading Jan R lesson plans - ideal for small group instruction.
Yes, its true! I've created editable lesson plans that are printed an entire week on one page...if you know Jan plans, they usually only accommodate 2 days on a sheet. My small group lesson plan formats will be sold in a set and will include plans that are non Jan-based as well.
2. A set of word wall cards that are large print with colored word parts to support lessons taught as part of the Word Study
3. Printable literacy goal cards for word study, fluency, comprehension, and writing
4. Tools to use in word study small groups
5. Fluency trackers and self monitoring tools
6. Book baggie home support kits