Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
9.32 MB | 94 pages
This product contains 3 of my products related to writing personal narratives or small moments. It includes:
*PowerPoint Slide show
*Small Moments Comprehensive Writing Unit from planning to publishing
*Small Moments Writing Unit with a focus on Feelings
PowerPoint Slide Show to help your students turn their BORING stories into Stories that come alive. Step - by - step! Your students will critique and FIX "Tommy's" BORING story. They will learn to add talking words, change "I went" to a more appropriate beginning, add feelings, and paint a picture for the reader by making their bodies move, and by stretching their stories.
Small moments are SO hard for emerging writers and this will guide you and your writers as you try to improve and enhance your stories and personal narratives.
Small Moments Comprehensive Writing Unit
Do you find it challenging to get your students to stretch their moments and write detailed personal narratives or small moments stories that come alive? This packet contains specific strategies, tips and resources to help your students (grades K-3) in the small moments writing process. It works well with the Lucy Calkins series and includes the following resources to improve your students' small moments stories:
* 11 colorful charts, each illustrating a component of a small moment story-these can help guide and/or support your mini lessons(mini lessons are not included)
* 3 student samples-samples include actual suggestions and/or actual questions teachers can offer to students to enhance writing
* 3 pp Teacher notes/ideas
*Teacher tips to stretch moments and create grown up writers
* 3 student resources for generating ideas
* 2 graphic organizers (watermelon) for pulling out tiny moments
* a graphic organizer for planning and sketching out story
* 2 graphic organizers for incorporating senses and stretching what we say, think, feel and do in the moment
* 2 story maps
*3 resources geared to SHOW NOT TELL
* TAG chart for talking out stories with peer partners
* Story strips for talking out stories with partners
* Sheet for recording peer suggestions on post-its
* 5 resources containing scripts with detailed student examples of how to incorporate the five senses
* a student checklist to use during and after writing
* a student resource to use with regard to word choice(i.e. sparkle words)
*Cover sheet for student publishing
*Dedication page for student publishing
*About the Author page for student publishing
Small Moments Writing Unit Focusing on FEELINGS
Small Moments - This packet will give your small moment writers very specific strategies to stretch out their moments by zooming in on particular feelings. Included are graphic organizers and resources with regard to our feelings, what we were thinking, words spoken, and actions. It also contains a fun emotions chart for your students. I hope you like it.