Christmas Cookies Galore SMART Board Math
It’s no secret! Everyone knows that Santa loves to eat cookies! In this 56 slide Smart board lesson students will have fun at Christmastime with math fact fluency to 10. Students will practice counting, skip counting, adding, and subtracting. There are also a variety of different word problems with cookies, too.
There are 5-10 slides for each activity. Plus, there are 2 EXTRA BONUS PAGES form my other Christmas Smart board lesson entitled “Christmas Smart board Fun Math: Kinder and First” Click Here
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SMART NOTEBOOK SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER.
1. Santa’s Cookies-Math Fact Fluency to 10: Students will count all the cookies on the slide. Then, one student will drag the cookies one by one to Santa Claus. Sometimes a cookie will disappear into Santa as if he eats the cookie, but sometimes the cookie will fly back out of Santa. The student needs to continue dragging and counting the cookies which disappear into Santa until no more cookies disappear into Santa. Once again the whole class will count the cookies remaining on the slide. Students can now use individual white boards and markers or scratch paper to practice writing addition and subtraction problems within the fact family. (Directions are included with the Smart board lesson.)
2. Skip Counting by 2’s: Students Will help Santa count the cookies by 2’s. Students will drag and drop the cookies by 2’s into the cookie jar. Then, they will need to write the answer on Santa’s belt.
3. Addition and Subtraction Cookies: Santa has a large black number on his belt. Students need to drag and drop the cookies with correct equations into Santa’s belt. If they are correct the equation will disappear into Santa. If they are wrong the equation will fly back out.
4. Santa’s Stuck: Students will do the addition problems to learn how many cookies Santa ate.
5. Count and Add the Chocolate Chips: Students will count the number of chocolate chips in each cookie. Then, they will write the numbers in the equation and add them correctly.
6. Addition and Subtraction Word Problems: Mrs. Claus is baking cookies for Santa. Students will read the word problems, write the numbers in the equations and then write the correct answers to the problems.
You may also like:
Christmas SMART Board Fun Math
SMART Board Holiday Bundle
SMART Board Seasons Bundle
SMART Board 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Sequencing Story
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺