This bundle includes 6 Smartboard Lessons that teach step-by-step square and cube roots.
8.EE.2 (common core based):
- identify perfect squares and cubes
- understand that x to the second power and √x are inverses. Same x to the third power and ∛x.
- solve equations with squares and cubes
- use squares, cubes, square roots, cube roots to solve word problems.
- estimate with precision square roots and place them on number lines.
The file also includes Cornell style notes (with essential question, space for notes and practice, reflection problem etc) and numerous cooperative learning activities meant to build student's fluency in working with roots - Find Someone Who..., Fan-N-Pick, Sage&Scribe etc. It incorporates real time assessments and a silly video about roots.