This Smartboard file contains 26 questions with solutions for Algebra I.
The categories are:
• Evaluating Expressions,
• Writing Expressions,
• Functions as Rules and Tables,
• Functions as Graphs, and
The questions in each category are valued at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 points.
Here is how the game works:
• Suppose a student selects “Writing Expressions” for 100.
• The student taps the value of the 100 and the question appears that asks the students to write an expression that means the same as six more than twice a number t.
• Students could be given white boards to record their answer to the question.
• When every student has held up their white board and revealed their answer, someone could tap on “answer” to reveal the solution to the question: The solution shows 6 + 2t or 2t + 6
• To return to the Q and A Board someone should tap on “Back”.
• When you return to the game board, mark the question as “used”. As students are selecting categories and values, there is a hidden bonus question on the board. Students should first make a wager just like they do in the real game on TV. Once the wager has been placed, someone should tap on “To Bonus Question”. After students have recorded their answer to the bonus question on their white boards, they should reveal their answers.
• To confirm the answer to the Bonus Question, someone should tap on “answer”. Then it is time to return to the Q and A game board by tapping on “Back.”
• When all the questions have been chosen (all the questions have been marked used) or the allotted time for the activity has been reached, it is time to choose the Final Question. Again students can make a wager just like they do on TV.
• It is time to tally up the points to see who has won. Any time there is a choice on the bottom of the screen to go “Back” you can tap “Back” to return to the Q and A board.
The questions used in this q and a game are based upon the material in Larson, Boswell, Kanold, and Stiff’s Algebra I (Chapter 1).