Thanksgiving Turkey SMARTboard Counting and Tallying: Kinder and First
In this fun interactive lesson students will engage in a variety of counting activities. Each exercise has 5-10 different slides for practice. Students will also practice counting and tallying turkey feathers by color.
Buy it in a BUNDLE and SAVE!
1. Counting 1-20: Students will drag the black numbers from the number line to match the white numbers that are on the turkey feathers.
2. Counting Poults: A baby turkey is called a poult. Students will help the Mother Turkey count her poults by dragging the poults to the number line.
3. Skip Counting: Trevor Turkey only counts by 2’s. Travis Turkey only counts by 5’s. Tomas Turkey only counts by 10’s. Students need to drag the correct number to the feathers on each turkey, either by 2’s, 5’s or 10’s.
4. Addition Problems to 10: Each turkey has a different sum on their chest. Students will need to drag the correct equations to the turkey’s chest. If the equation is correct it will disappear into the turkey. If the equation is incorrect, the equation will fly back out of the turkey.
5. Subtraction Problems: This exercise is basically the same as the addition problems exercise. Instead of practicing with addition problems they will practice their subtraction.
6. Practice with ten Frames: Farmer John has a turkey farm. Students will help him count how many poults were born last year. They will then write the answer in the box.
7. Greater than, less than or equal to: Students will count how many poults each mother turkey has and then drag the correct “feather sign” into the circle.
8. Turkey Tallying: Students will count and tally how many feathers there are of each color. Then, they will write the number and tally marks on the graph.
9. Reading the Tally Graph: Students will read the Turkey Tally Graphs. They will then answer questions about the graph.
Please check out my 3 Thanksgiving Turkey Math Centers that are great follow up activities to this Smartboard Lesson.
Thanksgiving Turkey Math Centers
Graphics provided by: