This activity accompanies the educational storybook iPad app "Smarty Britches: Nouns." This interactive storybook app is available for the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smarty-britches-nouns/id546046418?mt=8interactive, and provides free curriculum at appswithcurriculum.com.
Common Core Standards:
• RIT.6 - Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text.
• W.2 - Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
• W.4 - With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose.
• W.6 - With guidance and support from adults, use technology to produce and publish writing (using keyboarding skills) as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
• W.7 - Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
• W.8 - Recall information from experiences or gather information from print and digital sources; take brief notes on sources and sort evidence into provided categories.
• L.3 - Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, peaking, reading, or listening.
Review: The iMums: Overall a well made, engaging educational app - highly recommended.
Featured by iMums in Boston.com's "24 Mom-Tested Back-to-School Apps"!
Fun Educational Apps: This app is a good teaching app for kids just starting to learn parts of speech.
Travel to the Deep South and discover NOUNS! Join a boy with a magical pair of Smarty Britches as he explores fascinating people, animals, places, things, and ideas.
Created for teachers by a National Board Certified Teacher, aligned with Common Core State Standards, and designed to engage and inspire kids as they learn about NOUNS! Standards aligned activities - including Project-Based Learning - for teachers, homeschoolers, and parents are at http://appswithcurriculum.com/curriculum/smarty-activities/ .
The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people.
Educational Features: Designed by a National Board Certified Teacher, these interactive storybook apps include educational activities within the app and support activities at The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people. .
Activities include student-friendly objectives, Common Core State Standards alignment, upper levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, cross-curricular subjects, cultural differences, and technology. Highlighted and narrated text improves reading fluency, comprehension, and retention so that the educator can spend more time on skills that students need to be successful and ultimately, college and career ready.
Design Features: - Enchanting illustrations, original music, and professional voice over. -Read to me or self-read narration. -Text highlighting synchronized with narration. -Music – on/off.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know What's Inside" best practices for kids’ apps
Smarty Britches Book Apps
* Do not collect or share any data
* Do not contain any ads
* Do not contain In-App Purchases
* Do not contain Social Network Integration
* Do not contain external links