This Smarty Activity accompanies the educational storybook iPad app "Smarty Britches: Nouns." This interactive storybook app is available for the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smarty-britches-nouns/id546046418?mt=8interactive, and provides free curriculum at appswithcurriculum.com.
Common Core Standards:
• RI.2: Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
• RI.7: Use information gained from illustrations, other visual elements (e.g., maps, photographs), and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur).
• RI.10: By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational texts, including historical, scientific, and technical texts, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
• RF.2: Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
• SL.2: Identify the main ideas and supporting details of written texts read aloud or information presented graphically, orally, visually, or multimodally.
• SL.4: Report on a topic or text, tell a story, or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking clearly at an understandable pace.
• SL.5: Create engaging audio recordings of stories or poems that demonstrate fluid reading at an understandable pace; add visual displays when appropriate to emphasize or enhance certain facts or details.
• SL.6: Speak in complete sentences when appropriate to task and situation in order to provide requested detail or clarification.
• W.2: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
• W.7: Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.
• L.1: Observe conventions of grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
• L.3: Use language to achieve particular effects when writing or speaking.
Review: The iMums: Overall a well made, engaging educational app - highly recommended.
Featured by iMums in Boston.com's "24 Mom-Tested Back-to-School Apps"!
Fun Educational Apps: This app is a good teaching app for kids just starting to learn parts of speech.
Travel to the Deep South and discover NOUNS! Join a boy with a magical pair of Smarty Britches as he explores fascinating people, animals, places, things, and ideas.
Created for teachers by a National Board Certified Teacher, aligned with Common Core State Standards, and designed to engage and inspire kids as they learn about NOUNS! Standards aligned activities - including Project-Based Learning - for teachers, homeschoolers, and parents are at http://appswithcurriculum.com/curriculum/smarty-activities/ .
The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people.
Educational Features: Designed by a National Board Certified Teacher, these interactive storybook apps include educational activities within the app and support activities at The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people. .
Activities include student-friendly objectives, Common Core State Standards alignment, upper levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, cross-curricular subjects, cultural differences, and technology. Highlighted and narrated text improves reading fluency, comprehension, and retention so that the educator can spend more time on skills that students need to be successful and ultimately, college and career ready.
Design Features: - Enchanting illustrations, original music, and professional voice over. -Read to me or self-read narration. -Text highlighting synchronized with narration. -Music – on/off.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know What's Inside" best practices for kids’ apps
Smarty Britches Book Apps
* Do not collect or share any data
* Do not contain any ads
* Do not contain In-App Purchases
* Do not contain Social Network Integration
* Do not contain external links