This Smarty Activity accompanies the educational storybook iPad app "Smarty Britches: Nouns." This interactive storybook app is available for the iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smarty-britches-nouns/id546046418?mt=8interactive, and provides free curriculum at appswithcurriculum.com.
Common Core Standards:
• RL.2 – Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or, oral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
• RL.3 – Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
• RL.5 – Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
• RL.6 – Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
• RFS.4 – Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
• W.3 – Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear even sequences.
• W.4 – With guidance and support from adults, produce writing in which the development and organization are appropriate to task and purpose.
• W.5 – With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing.
• SL.1 – Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on (grade 2-4) topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clarity.
• SL.6 – Speak in complete sentences when appropriate to task and situation in order to provide requested detail or clarification.
• L.1 – Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
• L.2 – Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
• L.3 – Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
Review: The iMums: Overall a well made, engaging educational app - highly recommended.
Featured by iMums in Boston.com's "24 Mom-Tested Back-to-School Apps"!
Fun Educational Apps: This app is a good teaching app for kids just starting to learn parts of speech.
Travel to the Deep South and discover NOUNS! Join a boy with a magical pair of Smarty Britches as he explores fascinating people, animals, places, things, and ideas.
Created for teachers by a National Board Certified Teacher, aligned with Common Core State Standards, and designed to engage and inspire kids as they learn about NOUNS! Standards aligned activities - including Project-Based Learning - for teachers, homeschoolers, and parents are at http://appswithcurriculum.com/curriculum/smarty-activities/ .
The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people.
Educational Features: Designed by a National Board Certified Teacher, these interactive storybook apps include educational activities within the app and support activities at The app and activities explore the cultural uniqueness of the South, depicting its beauty and the charm of its southern people. .
Activities include student-friendly objectives, Common Core State Standards alignment, upper levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, cross-curricular subjects, cultural differences, and technology. Highlighted and narrated text improves reading fluency, comprehension, and retention so that the educator can spend more time on skills that students need to be successful and ultimately, college and career ready.
Design Features: - Enchanting illustrations, original music, and professional voice over. -Read to me or self-read narration. -Text highlighting synchronized with narration. -Music – on/off.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know What's Inside" best practices for kids’ apps
Smarty Britches Book Apps
* Do not collect or share any data
* Do not contain any ads
* Do not contain In-App Purchases
* Do not contain Social Network Integration
* Do not contain external links